We left for San Jose right after school on Friday. Spencer came with me, and taught my class some different art techniques, since we were talking about Tommy DePaolo's "Art Lesson". We drove about 5 hours, and spent the night in Winnemucca, Nevada at a High Class Hotel called "Scott Shady Court". We were in the Santa Susana room. I don't think anyone had been in there for a while...there was a thick layer of dust, dirt on the chairs, and a layer of chewing tobacco (?) crumbs on the desk. Needless to say, it was a GREAT night. :)
After our great night in Nevada, we drove on for 6 more hours and got to our place in San Jose. It's an AMAZING place (especially after our last hotel)! Spencer's internship is paying for us to stay at the Residence Inn all summer. We're in a 2-bedroom/2bath suite for when the baby comes. In the closet, there's a sign with the nightly rates for the room...$250 a night!

On Sunday, we tried to go to our ward out here, but they had Stake Conference, so we went for a drive. When we got back to our hotel, the maid had come and made our beds and did our dishes! They also have a free grocery shopping service, and breakfast every morning. Today was my first time going down for the breakfast, and it was amazing! They have EVERYTHING! Potatoes, eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, fruit, yogurt, toast, donuts, muffins.... Spencer's going to be SO pampered this summer!

As for Spencer's internship, the group he's working with is being audited, so he has to wear a suit all week. They're serving lunch every day, so I don't see him until around 5. He's enjoying everything so far (yea!), and likes all the people he works with. I'm SO glad everything is going so well for him out here. I've been feeling pretty bad about leaving him alone out here for a month or two while I finish teaching and have the baby. Luckily one of his good friends from BYU is doing his internship in Palo Alto, which is only about 20-30 minutes from here. He came down on Sunday for dinner and games. Plus, there's a bunch of guys out here doing internships with the same company as Spencer, and one's actually from BYU. He's an undergraduate that Spencer doesn't know, but he seems really nice. I'll keep you posted on any fun happenings!

As for Spencer's internship, the group he's working with is being audited, so he has to wear a suit all week. They're serving lunch every day, so I don't see him until around 5. He's enjoying everything so far (yea!), and likes all the people he works with. I'm SO glad everything is going so well for him out here. I've been feeling pretty bad about leaving him alone out here for a month or two while I finish teaching and have the baby. Luckily one of his good friends from BYU is doing his internship in Palo Alto, which is only about 20-30 minutes from here. He came down on Sunday for dinner and games. Plus, there's a bunch of guys out here doing internships with the same company as Spencer, and one's actually from BYU. He's an undergraduate that Spencer doesn't know, but he seems really nice. I'll keep you posted on any fun happenings!











4 comments:
What a fun trip! Your breakfast looks really yummy. Good Luck with the rest of pregnancy.
Wow, what a great place in San Jose! The motel in Nevada reminds me of those in lakepoint, only worse. It sounds like you are having a wonderful time!
Wow! Cynthia sounds like you might have a hard time coming back for your last 3 weeks of school. I would if i could have breakfast like that and a maid!
Hi! I was so excited to get your comment! Congrats on the baby coming, I am so excited for you! Make sure you keep in touch.
Post a Comment