Monday, November 10, 2008

Fun Pictures and Great News

Well, I'm kind of late posting a picture of Kaitlyn in her Halloween costume, but here it is. She was a cute little ghost. My mom got this for her a few months ago because she LOVES smiley faces, so it was the perfect costume for her.
In other news, Spencer was gone all weekend to a job interview in Dallas, so I got to spend the weekend at my parent's house. My sister had a couple of wedding showers and we stayed pretty busy. I figured out how to make some cute hair clips for Kaitlyn and made a bunch while I was visiting.
The leaves are finally starting to fall off my parents trees so my sister Lisa and I took a few pictures of Kaitlyn laying in them. You can see from her face expression that she was not too happy about it.
Mom and kaitlyn out in the leaves.

Kaitlyn and Aunt Lisa.

Kaitlyn burried in the pile.

Last weekend we hung out with Spencer's brothers and their families. Kaitlyn loves her cousins! Here she is smiling up at her cousin Atticus.
Kaitlyn is such a smiley baby! She is smiling and laughing more than ever. But for some reason, when we get around other people she gets so serious. And whenever she sees a camera come out she just stares at it. So it's hard to catch her smiles on camera. You'll just have to trust me. :)
And now for some exciting news: Spencer got a GREAT job offer this weekend! We went to a NAC conference dinner at BYU a few weeks ago, and he met the CEO of the company. After he emailed him his resume, he was invited out to interview at a big hiring weekend. He interviewed Saturday morning, and then was called down by a couple of VPs. They asked what he would like to do, if he could do anything, and after he told them they said, "Okay, we can do that." Sunday at around 1:30 in the morning he heard something in his hotel room so he got up to investigate. On the floor by the door there was a white folder with an official job offer from the company. The pay and all the extras and bonuses are great, and he's SO excited. He still has an interview with Johnson and Johnson in a couple weeks, but this one sounds like it's what we'll probably do. We just don't see how Johnson and Johnson could beat it. So it looks like we'll probably be moving to Dallas in May. He'll be in the CHAMP program, which is an accelerated program to leadership (I'm not really sure of all the details about it, so I'm just saying how I understand it). He'll be doing several different 6 month rotations, with manufacturing, finance, and then an international aspect (Yes, that mean's we'll be going somewhere international for 6 months, either Shanghai China, or Frankfurt Germany (I'm voting for Frankfurt)). We're very excited to have this job offer. Spencer has been stressing out so much this past semester with all the worries of school and finding a job. This is a wonderful blessing for us!

11 comments:

chris said...

Hey thats awesome about the job offer. Looks like everything is working out. CONGRATULATIONS.

Brian and Baely said...

Congratulations Spencer! It sounds like an awesome opportunity but we will be sad when you move:(

Brenda Smith said...

Great Job! We are so happy for you! We are looking forward to seeing some interesting sites when we come for a visit.

Allison said...

That is great about the Job! Congrats! And I just ahve to tell you Kaitlyn is a cutie. I still need to see her in person.

Crystal said...

Cute pictures of Kaitlyn in her costume and the leaves. That is so cute of her and Atticus, I love that all the cousins will be close in age. We are so happy for you guys about the job offer and hope that life is less stressful now. We miss you guys and you haven't even moved far away yet!

BJ and Steph said...

Congratulations on the job offer!! We have some family down in Texas and they LOVE it! And BJ will be jealous when I tell him that you might get to go to Shang Hai...he wants to get a job where he would have to travel to China or Taiwan, (when he is done with school-that is). That sounds like a great opportunity for you guys. And Kaitlyn is such a CUTIE! Madi smiled when I showed her Kaitlyn's picture:)

Vee said...

We are so excited for you guys, that is fantastic! We will miss you when you go though. Cute pics.

Juli said...

Congrats on the job offer! Kaitlyn is cute as always!

Brenda Smith said...

I just spotted the darling 4 month old picture of Kaitlyn sitting in her Bumbo chair. She looks like a big girl playing with all her toys. So cute!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! What great news!
Your little Kaitlyn is such a a doll! I love her little ghost outfit...very cute.

Mandi said...

I just happened on your blog randomly and wanted to say first of all, congrats on the job, and second - we moved from Utah to the Dallas area recently (okay, so almost two years ago) but if you need any help or advice on where to live and stuff ... I know I'm a stranger and all, but I'd be happy to help. You can email me at sendmandianemail at gmail dot com.