So my friend Stephanie tagged me MONTHS ago to do this one, and I'm finally getting to it. Since it's Valentine's Day, I figured this would be the perfect post.
Here are the NEW RULES: link the person that tagged you, mention these rules on your blog, tell 6 quirks of your significant other, and tag 6 fellow bloggers!
So these aren't really quirks, but here are 6 interesting things about Spencer.
1. Many of you already know this, but he is a VERY creative thinker. He came up with a program that pretty much beats a portion of the stock market. It picks out the perfect stock to purchase, and gives great returns. He is a member of the Silver Fund at BYU, and so gets to invest some of their money in different stocks. Yesterday he invested $200,000! He has received so much interest in his program, and I'm very impressed at all that he has done with it.
2. Spencer loves to make up songs. He does it ALL the time. Even more, now that Kaitlyn is around. He sings about whatever they're doing at the time, whether it's changing a diaper, eating, or playing with toys. Sometimes the songs can get pretty creative.
3. Spencer is awesome at getting what he wants. (In one of his MBA classes last semester, he was given an award as "The Craftiest Negotiator" .) He is great at sharing his ideas and showing how much he knows. Because of this, at a time when the economy is in a trouble spot and many people are without jobs, he was able to get a great job offer. In fact, it is his DREAM job offer... great salary, and traveling all over. I am amazed at how well he does with the interviewing process.
4. Spencer loves to play games. Whether it's computer/game system games, board games, ultimate frisbee, racquet ball, or paint ball, he's always interested in joining. He enjoys going up in the mountains with his brothers, rain or shine, to have a game of paintball. In Oklahoma, we played games with another couple several times. After about the 3rd or 4th time, we had to give it up because of the competition building up between Spencer and the other lady. He's very careful of the rules, and hates when people start bending them.
5. He's a great husband. When we were first married and living in Oklahoma, I was having a hard time being away from my family, especially since he was at work all day and I didn't have a job. He would call and check up, and come home for lunch every day. He always helped me through the rough times when starting up a new job, especially during my first year teaching! And most importantly, he helped out so much when Kaitlyn was born, which leads to my last point...
6. Spencer is an AWESOME dad! It's so fun to see Kaitlyn's face light up every time she sees him. As soon as she hears his voice, she looks all over the place to find him and smile. He is so good to hold and feed her, and play with her. I think he's her favorite friend.
I'm so thankful to have Spencer in my life. He is the best husband and father I could ever dream of. I'm so grateful to his parents for raising them the way they did. He is such an interesting person to talk to, and is wonderful at talking through any problems. (Much better than me!) He is so caring, and willing to help his family and friends with any problem they might have. I look forward to spending forever with him. I love you, Spencer!
Tag: Well, since I'm awful at following through on tags, I tag whoever wants to do it. :)
Also... Happy Valentine's Day, Kaitlyn! We got her this cute pink stuffed pig, and she loved it!
And for Grandma Koeven... I remembered to enter Kaitlyn in the Beautiful Baby contest...here's the picture we used:
5 comments:
Fun Idea! I also love the pictures of Kaitlyn getting her Valentine, she looks so excited! Beautiful Baby!
What a nice Tag about Spencer. Kaitlyn has quite the fun reaction to her Valentine Pig. I love the beautiful baby picture, I'll have to start watching Regis and Kelly to see her on TV.
Shhh! Don't tell Grandma that I didn't get it done in time.
Wendy- As long as you don't tell her that I forgot until the last minute, and had to take a picture that day. I made it in with 1 hour to spare. :)
What a fun tag!! I love learning little tid-bits of people. What a great guy! I hope you had a great V-Day!
BTW...your daughter is absolutely be-uuu-tiful!! She has the sweetest face.
Post a Comment