Thursday, February 5, 2009

Vacation!

Last week my parents offered to take Kaitlyn for a few days so Spencer and I could go have a fun weekend. I was pretty nervous to be away from Kaitlyn for so long, but my family did a great job taking care of her. (Thanks!)

Since Spencer is a Platinum member of the Marriott Rewards Club, and had around 70,000 points, we decided to find a really nice hotel up in Park City and stay a couple of nights. We ended up at the Marriott MountainSide Hotel... it was BEAUTIFUL!

We had a one bedroom villa, which was $450 a night (free for us... At least Stryker gave us something!). We had a great time, wandering around, watching skiiers, going out to eat.... Chris and Audrey came Friday night to hang out and ended up spending the night out on the sofa bed (not very comfortable for a pregnant woman who's almost due!).


It was so nice to be able to relax for a while. My mom texted me and sent pictures all through the night, so I could wake up and check my phone to make sure Kaitlyn was ok (Thanks mom!).

This is a picture Spencer took of Chris as he came out of the bathroom, while yelling "REEPERS!" in his face. (Watch Serenity)


This is a picture I took of Spencer washing his hands in the bathroom (I snuck in through the back door). I think the look on his face is priceless. (He scares a little easily, so I didn't exactly surprise him as bad as I could have. I just waited for him to look up.)

All in all, it was a great trip. We missed Kaitlyn a lot, but it was amazing to get a full nights sleep! Speaking of the little cutie, here are some recent pictures we've taken. She's recovered from her cold, and a happy little girl once again. Yea!


4 comments:

Brenda Smith said...

Glad you had a nice rest. Thanks for the post. I am missing Kaitlyn! Such darling pictures.

Vee said...

That is so sweet of your parents. I'm glad you guys had a great time. A full nights sleep is so great at this point.

Juli said...

What a great vacation! It is fun to get away. I always miss the kids too.

Audrey @ The Cloth Parcel said...

Thanks for inviting us! We had a lot of fun. :)