Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Haircuts, cookies, and pigtails


So I know Spencer's done some posts lately, but I haven't done one for a couple of weeks. So here's an update on Kaitlyn's life.

First off, we gave her her first haircut!!! I love her long hair, and the sweeping bangs across the front. But lately they have seemed to be in her eyes all the time. So Saturday we finally decided to cut her hair. I cut while Spencer fed her a bottle (the only way to get her to sit semi-still), so it turned out a little crazy. But at least the hair isn't in her eyes anymore.

I bought some elastics last week to try putting Kaitlyn's hair in pigtails since it's so long, and she looks so cute! Here's a couple of shots.
Kaitlyn LOVES to eat ALL of her toys. Anything she can find on the floor goes in her mouth.
Strange, then, that she HATES hard foods. She will not eat anything unless I feed it to her on a spoon. She loves all of her cereals and jar foods. But she won't eat regular oatmeal, bananas, cookies.... anything else I try to feed her. But we're starting to hit a breakthrough. I got some rice cakes and she'll eat a little bit of them. She has also started to suck on the little biter cookies. And last night I gave her some broken up little stars cereal and she ate them. At first she just held them in her mouth, but then she realized that they weren't bad and started chewing them. At the end she actually picked a couple up herself and put them in her mouth. Hooray!
This first video shows Kaitlyn going hysterical when I put a little vibrating toy up to her cheek. She loved it! The second video shows Kaitlyn's love of eating toys. She's going to town on her little key. (I know it's sideways...I apologize. But I think it's still cute.)

As far as crawling goes...it's still a no go. She is SO close, but just gets angry and gives up. Yesterday she started moving her hands forward a little bit, but that's it. Still just getting lots of exercise doing her push ups and getting MAD.

4 comments:

TIFFANY MARTIN said...

cute! I love the pigtails!

Vee said...

Such cute videos. My girls absolutely loved them. She is so cute.

Brenda Smith said...

I love her hair cut and pigtails! The video's are darling, what a cute giggle. I can't believe she actually ate something hard! She is so much fun. I think she should just skip crawling and choose to bounce to get around.

Recksieks said...

She is so sweet! I love the pigtails! I am hoping Emily will have enough hair to do that soon.