Thursday, March 5, 2009
Wife Tag
Cynthia does all these great posts about Kaitlyn and I, but because of her nature, there is very little information on our site about her. I am going to try to remedy this with a post all about her.
1. When Cynthia prays things happen. I remember a time in Oklahoma when we went to a USU vs Oral Roberts University basketball game. A good friend of ours had gotten the tickets and drove us to and from the game. On the way home, our friend expressed his excitement over an Aggie victory through spirited driving. Cynthia, being of solemn mind, became so nervous that she said a prayer in her head. At the commencement of her prayer the car sputtered to a stop. We pulled over and after a brief diagnostics check on the car our friend said: " I don't know whats wrong... I will just drive slowly the rest of the way home." Fact: If you are giving Cynthia a ride be careful, or she will break your car through prayer.
2. Cynthia likes her sleep. If Cynthia had her way, our entire economy would be based on sleep minutes. And she would be a sleep junkie. As you can imagine this makes a baby an extremely expensive proposition. Not to mention the cost of having a restless husband who is always bouncing around in bed. Yet she marches on, she is truly a remarkable woman.
4. Cynthia loves her family. And her family loves her too. This is fitting since Cynthia has one of the greatest families ever. You will never meet a nicer, more considerate group of people anywhere. Naturally, this will make our move to Texas particularly hard on her. Which brings me to the next item:
5. Cynthia is very supportive. When Cynthia and I first met I worked with cow manure. With full knowledge of this, she still agreed to marry me. At which point, she was willing to leave her friends and family to move to Stillwater Oklahoma. She made this sacrifice so I could take that next crucial step in my career development, and begin working with hog manure. Then she agreed to let me get my MBA at BYU (it just gets worse and worse doesn't it?). Consequently, since we have been married we have lived in 6 different apartments/basements. AND with the job I accepted we will be moving every 6 months. So during the 4 years we have been married, I have gotten 2 masters degrees, earned very little money, moved her all over, worked with poop (she did some heroic loads of laundry), and signed her up for 2 additional years of displacement with an ulcer inducing 6 month international jaunt. Cynthia is very supportive.
6. Cynthia likes reality TV. Her favorite reality shows are: American Idol (she is a BIG Tatiana fan), So you think you can dance?, THE BACHELOR, and Ellen (despite the dancing and appeal to women, it is unknown if Ellen actually qualifies as a "reality" show).
So that's about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hooray for Tatiana! (Being kicked off AI last night!)
-Cynthia
I agree she is Great! There's just not enough space to include all her wonderful attributes, like wise, funny, creative, smart, . . . an excellent game player, and a great daughter. Love, Mom
I loved the post Spencer! When are you guys moving to Texas?
Cynthia, I can't believe you married a guy that would play with poop!... Just kidding. I loved that post, it made me laugh!
Post a Comment