Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A little update

Things are still going well out here. Spencer has started working, and Kaitlyn and I are just hanging out at home. So far Spencer is enjoying everything. He likes all the people he'll be working with and is still trying to figure out exactly what he'll be doing. We now know that we'll be here in Dallas for a year, doing 2 rotations at the headquarters here. And we found out we'll be doing our international rotation in Frankfurt, Germany. Yea! I'm excited to go touring around out there. Spencer got his car yesterday (yea! I have a car again!), and had a crazy experience with it this morning. He got in and was getting ready to pull out of the garage when he looked down and saw a huge spider crawling up his leg. He smashed it with his hand, and then had to come in and change his pants because there was a huge mark on them. Glad it was him and not me. He does much better with spiders than I do, and he was still freaked. Other than that, he's really enjoying his car. So far I've only seen it from a distance, but I can tell you it's black and looks nice. :)
Kaitlyn is getting better and better at standing by herself. She can do it for quite a long time now, and last night she even took a couple of steps, and then continued to stand. I can't believe how much she's growing up! She is teething right now, and one of her bottom teeth is now poking through a little. So she has been a little bit more grumpy lately, but is still handling things very well.
We went to our ward on Sunday and it looks great. It's pretty big, about the same size as our Utah ward. I hear there is a lot of turn around, with a lot of couples and little families coming out for chiropractor school. So there are a lot of people around our age, with young kids, which should be fun.
Sorry I haven't been too good at taking pictures. We're pretty much hanging out at home, not doing anything too exciting. We haven't gone to the pool yet because of the rain and wind, but hope to go soon. We have walked past it a couple of times and it is BEAUTIFUL!

Eating her lunch.

Spencer trying to clean off the spider guts.

I got some candybars from Chris and Audrey for my birthday and Kaitlyn loved playing with them, spreading them all over the apartment.

Here's a little clip of Kaitlyn talking. She can now say "ah choo!" She used to say it really well, but now it's getting mixed with lots of other sounds. She is also working on her 'g' sound for grandma.

3 comments:

Brittany And Robert said...

Funny I just had a Spider experience myself... still creeped out.

Audrey @ The Cloth Parcel said...

Good to see you are getting some good use out of the candy! Sounds like you guys are having a great time. We will definitely have to come visit.

Anonymous said...

What a little doll you have. She is just adorable and growing so fast!! That is good that you are getting settled and and the ward seems nice. Germany!! How exciting!!