Thursday, June 18, 2009

Bedroom Makeover

Since we'll be here in Irving for a year, I decided to do a little work to Kaitlyn's bedroom. I'm making curtains and a few things to hang up on her wall. I'm thinking about using the turquoise at the top of the curtains as tabs/loops to hook to the rod. Also, what do you think about the order of the rectangles? I would love any input. Let me know what you think!

5 comments:

Brenda said...

I love the colors! How fun that her initials spell out a cute nick-name.

Tyler and Kristine Barker said...

Cute! The rectangles look great the way they are. How did you cut out her initials in fabric and have them look so good? Are they going on the curtains? I love all of your posts. I love seeing what you guys are up to. Hopefully someday Kaitlyn will like all Red Fruits, especially Strawberries!

Cynthia Mann said...

The letters are actually wooden. I painted them brown, and then traced them on scrapbook paper and glued that on. So the green and one of the brown rectangles are scrapbook paper, and the rest are fabric from the curtain. I just glued them on to rectangles and mod podged them. I'm still trying to figure out where to put the letters.

Juli said...

It looks cute! I have thought about making curtains, haven't been brave enough yet.

Marie said...

Very cute! Love all the colors.