Last weekend we had a visit from Spencer's parents. It was great! They come to Oklahoma City every year for an art show, which we loved to go to when we lived in Stillwater. This year we decided to drive up and visit it again, since we're only 3 hours away now. It was fun to walk around the museum and look at David's pictures. That evening, during the art auction and dinner, Spencer and I took a drive up to Stillwater to take a drive through the town we used to live in. I can't believe how small it is! (This said now that we live in Dallas). We drove past our old apartments, went to Walls, ate dinner at Bad Brad's (our favorite restaurant there), and made a stop at the Hog Farm. We were shocked to see that they actually had the big machine running! Spencer had been fighting them to get a new cover for the ASBR (? I think that's what it's called), but they never did over the 2 years we were there. So he was shocked to see it running 2 years later.
That night we shared a hotel room with the Manns in OKC. I was a little nervous about how Kaitlyn would do in a room with all of us, but luckily she only woke up once during the night (because Spencer started calling her name in his sleep), and then at 6:30 that morning. Good job Kaitlyn!
Sunday morning we drove back down to Dallas, with the Manns following, and went to our ward. We had dinner at our apartment, and then took a drive around the area. Kaitlyn and I both got birthday presents... I can't believe I didn't get a picture of David and Terry! They are sitting just out of this shot to the left. Whoops!
They spent the night with us (Kaitlyn slept through the night... woohoo!) and then left on their drive home the next morning. Thanks for the visit!!! We loved having you here!
2 comments:
Thanks for all the great posts! I love them all:) That was great to see the Hog Farm and the progress that Spencer had suggested. It just takes a long time to get anything through the bureaucracy of a University.
Seeing all of you and esp. Kaitlyn walking was the highlight of the trip. It's only been a month and she's grown already. Fun apt. with a great location. What a life you have. We love you.
Post a Comment