We had a great time visiting family in Utah. We got to stop by Grandma and Grandpa Mann's house for a fun visit.
My dad pulled out his french horn and played a little for Kaitlyn.
Kaitlyn wanted to help blow up the ball crawl.
But now we're back to the heat of Texas. It's great to be back with Spencer, and it's also wonderful to have Kaitlyn sleeping through the night again. She didn't want to do that in Utah for some reason. So what have we been up to since we've been back? Here's a little taste:
Kaitlyn's been wearing her underwear on her head. (She loved walking around with this diaper cover on her head, but kept pulling it off and coming to me to replace it).
Spencer found a GREAT park about 10 minutes north of us. It has all sorts of little spaces to crawl into, and a sand pile and swing set. We had a great time exploring a few days ago.
When we got to the park, a group of teenagers were standing above the entrance, and one girl looked down and said, "Oh my gosh, that is seriously the cutest little girl I've ever seen!" We sure think so, but it's nice to hear from other people as well. We've been a little surprised at all the comments we get. I think it's her chubby cheeks and funny expressions.
Kaitlyn has been learning so much lately. A few days ago, she came to me and said 'baby' while doing the sign for it. Also, if I say "Shoes" to her, she will go search through the house until she finds her shoes. Then she will hand them to me and sit down for me to put them on. As soon as they're on, she walks to the gate to go downstairs/outside. And when we get home, she climbs the stairs, and tries to close the gate.
If I say 'bottle' or 'ball' or 'super why', she will go find the object I named. I love seeing all the new things she is learning.
Kaitlyn is also quite the tease. When it's time to change her diaper, she will stand at her bedroom door while I get out the diaper and wipes. Then when I turn to her she gets a huge grin on her face and runs away as fast as she can. This also happens when we go on walks to get the mail. She walks with me a little ways, then turns and bolts the other direction, laughing all the way, and turning to make sure I'm following.
My visiting teachers came by today and each brought 2 little kids. Kaitlyn was walking around in heaven, just smiling and saying "oh!" with her eyebrows raised. She loved it! One of the ladies had a 6 month old baby in a carseat and Kaitlyn LOVED him. I had to keep sending her away to play with the 'big' kids.
Finally, Kaitlyn has been working on her sounds with daddy. She loves to immitate any sound he makes. Enjoy these videos!
8 comments:
How fun! She is a cutie!
Those videos are so cute! And I love how she wears her diaper cover on her head, that's so funny! Looks like you're having fun!
She is so cute! It was fun to see you and Kaitlyn.
What a beautiful little girl!! She looks like sha had a lot of fun with her grandma and grandpa! How fun that your dad plays the french horn!
That park looks amazing!! I need to find something like that here...if they have it... I bet she was in "park heaven"!
She IS a little tease!! Ella does the same thing. They think they are hi-lar-ious!! I try not to laugh too much, as not to encourage it. But, it is just too hard! What a little doll you have!
Oooh, that is so darling!!! What fun times you are having. Thanks for sharing it with us. She is so cute and expressive. I love how she copy's sounds and words. We sure miss you all. Love, Mom
Kaitlyn gets cuter everytime I see new pictures! She is too cute!
Cynthia,
My blog is open again. I had to make it private for a while but I'll probably email you another time and tell you why. But feel free to read it now.
Rebecca
Post a Comment