Well, these pictures are a little out of order, but Blogger won't let me move them so we'll go with this. I made this skirt for Kaitlyn a couple of days ago. I saw one at Old Navy that I ALMOST bought, but then decided to attempt to make it since I had all the material. I think it came out pretty cute.
For the Labor Day weekend, we were planning on taking a fun trip down to Austin and San Antonio. But Kaitlyn decided to get a cold and our plans were postponed (We didn't want to sleep in the same hotel room with a cranky baby). Here's a look at what we did instead:
On Labor Day when we got home from the Dallas Arboretum, this ran in our front door:
It's a tiny little lizard. Spencer carefully got it onto a piece of paper, into a bucket, and back outside.
This next picture is also after the Arboretum. Kaitlyn had pigtails in, and this was her crazy hair after they came out (or should I say after she pulled them out).
We had a great time at the Dallas Arboretum. They have fun little playhouses throughout the gardens based on childrens stories. Kaitlyn enjoyed going in several of them.
This is what Kaitlyn did when she saw this friendly snake. Yikes!
There was a fun fountain the kids could run through with 3 frogs spitting water. Kaitlyn didn't actually get into the water, but let it splash up and soak her shorts.
She loved helping push the stroller, and kept trying to do it throughout the gardens.
By the time we got home from the gardens we were all soaked. It was a pretty humid day.
One evening we went for a walk in a park in Northern Dallas. Here Kaitlyn is dancing with some little elves around a tree. It was a great park, although not very stroller friendly.
We loved this hole in the middle of a pond. It was HUGE, and Spencer had to climb in a tree to see the bottom. Kind of a cool focal point.
We hope you all enjoyed your Labor Day weekend!
6 comments:
Cute pictures! You guys have some cool places to visit! That's funny that she wasn't afraid of the snake, hopefully she would be if it was moving!!! Looks like fun!
I love that skirt. She is so cute!!
Cute skirt! Too bad we don't live closer so you could show me how to make it. We love biking and have loved our bike trailer, I would highly recommend one if you like biking.
That is hilarious that she would pet the snake. I bet, if it were a real live snake, she would giggle while petting it. Love the skirt and the picture of her wearing it. What a great arboretum and park. Fun weekend!
There were snakes at Red Butte that spit water and she got to pet them. That is probably why she liked the snake down there.
What a cute skirt!! I am so impressed with your sewing skills! It looks like there are lots of fun places to go visit! How fun!! Kaitlyn is such a doll. She just keeps getting cuter and cuter and I didn't think she could get any cuter then she already was!! btw...Ella totally pulls out her hair too...so frustrating, especially if we are still out and about.
Post a Comment