Saturday, November 21, 2009

Going to the Park


Kaitlyn and I went to a great new park on Thursday. It's very toddler friendly, which meant there were a ton of toddlers running around everywhere.... We went back this morning, but things were a little wet because of the rain. She still loved it.


Here, she's about to sit down on the wet plastic, getting ready to go down one of the 3 slides. She was saying "Weeee!" as she sat. Mean mom then picked her up and took her home. (There were puddles at the bottom of every slide...)

Kaitlyn has recently discovered how fun it is to climb into the kitchen cabinets. There's a short video at the bottom.

I got this funny picture of her watching a cartoon one morning. She was so relaxed, her chair had turned into a recliner.

We've had a sick dad for a couple of days, he's had a cold which has been no fun. This is where Kaitlyn wanted to be if we were home with him and she was awake. (I'm trying to keep her away from him because I hate when she gets a cold and is up all night.)

Speaking of Spencer, he got this set of golf clubs and a golf bag at a thrift store last weekend. He was pretty excited, and I agree that he got a great deal, but that bag? Really? What do you guys think? (I'm no golfer, maybe that bag is totally awesome...)

Thanks to those of you who helped me out with the layout for my new box shelves. This is how I ended up doing it... what do you think?

I'm not sure I like the top of the wire tree, I made a star to see if that fixed it, Nope. Any ideas? I just don't want it to look like what it is (the stem from the poinsettias), and I think the top shows that too much.

Speaking of the annoyances of living in an apartment... oh, I guess I wasn't talking about that, but now I am. We are SO lucky to live in an apartment where we don't have anyone above or below us. It's great with sound control. We do have 4 garages below us, though. One is ours, one is empty and the apartment complex doesn't know it, one is strictly storage for one of our neighbors. Which leaves one more. This garage has a great looking car sitting in it. Up on jacks. With tons of tools around it. Yep, some guy is fixing up a car. Which is fine, I haven't had a problem with it...Until the last few days. Last night he started working on it at 9:00. I tried to ignore it, hoping Kaitlyn wouldn't wake up. But he kept drilling and hammering, so I finally went out at 10:30 and asked if he could be a little more quiet. (His garage is right under Kaitlyn's room). He was very nice about it, which was great. Now Kaitlyn is down for her afternoon nap, and 45 minutes later he's out there firing up the drill-sounding-thingy again.

Well, I guess I don't need to worry about that any more. Spencer's been working at the Bishop's Storehouse all morning, and now his car won't start so I have to get her up anyway.

Here's that movie I promised. (I'm sure you were getting SO worried that I had forgotten to load it onto the post...)

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Cute, Cute, Cute!!! What a fun little play house for Kaitlyn, under your sink. I love the playground you found. We will have to go there sometime. I got to do the same thing as Spencer this week. I hope you get to do that, when you catch it. I love your wall decor. I would not have guessed the tree was a stem. It was beautiful!

Tyler and Kristine Barker said...

Cute pictures! I love how she's reclining in her chair! Your shadow boxes turned out cute! I like your tree, I don't think I would have guessed that it was a stem, you did a good job! That's so funny how she hides in the cupboard, that's lucky you don't have anything under there!

Robyn and Blake said...

The park looks like lots of fun! Having husbands gone out of the country - not so fun. Good luck!