Kaitlyn has been talking up a storm lately. She will repeat just about everything we say, and can name a lot of things (some of which surprise me).
Last night she woke up crying and wouldn't go back to sleep. Spencer needed to get some sleep so he could go to work, so I ended up going in to try to comfort her. (If I enter her room in the middle of the night, sleep is not in the near future. She will NOT get back in her crib when she's upset). I held her for a while and calmed her down, and gave her some milk. Then we sat in the rocking chair until she fell asleep. When I tried to lay her in her crib she started screaming. After a few minutes I picked her up again and she started saying,
"rock-a-bye? rock-a-bye?"
in the sweetest voice, pointing to the rocking chair. So we sat again and she said,
"blanket? blanket?"
After we got that, she settled down to sleep once again.
And repeated the same process yet again.
She's smart enough to ask for what she wants, but can't quite understand when I tell her that her bed is SO much more comfortable than my lap or the floor (as is my bed). She also doesn't understand when I tell her I'll stay on the floor by her crib and not leave her by herself. (Well, she might understand if she would stop screaming long enough to listen).
So Kaitlyn and I spent a wonderful night on her bedroom floor. If she started to sit up or move around, all I had to say was, "night-night?" And she would lay as still as she could so I wouldn't put her back in her crib. She actually slept pretty good from about 3:00ish-7:30ish. I, on the other hand....
(Can't wait until we have a house so I don't have to worry about her screaming keeping Spencer up...)
4 comments:
cute stuff and sad stuff --- Fun that she knows and understands so many words. Sorry to hear you had to sleep on the floor.
She is learning so much so fast. I loved it when I was talking to her on Skype and I called her "honey" and she repeated it back. I can't wait to hear her in person in a couple of weeks.
That is so sweet! Maybe not for you since you had to sleep on the floor, but I can picture her wanting you to be with her! So Cute!!!!!!
Josie does the same thing...only she can't say what she wants. When she wakes up in the night she'll sleep as long as I'm holding her, but as soon as I put her in bed she pops right up. It's so disappointing when you're so tired and hoping you can go back to bed!
Post a Comment