Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A few new pictures/videos

Here's our week in pictures. Hmm, this one looks kind of like a mug shot.... :)
Every morning Kaitlyn requests a hair do, and sometimes a specific outfit. Her choices are either ponytail or braid, and then she will often tell me which shirt she wants.
We had a fun time playing with sidewalk chalk a few days ago. She told me who to draw. For reference, the people are Hannah, Sarah, Tally, Kaitlyn, and Mommy. (You can see the potato vine in the background, it was taking over the sidewalk so I trimmed it back. The pile behind Kaitlyn is a few hours old and wilted, it had been covering 3/4 of the sidewalk.)
We had some friends over to play this week while their mommy went to the temple. Brooklyn is one of Kaitlyn's favorite friends out here, she talks about her all the time.
(It was a little humid, sorry about the fuzziness of the pictures.)
These are some of the items I found in a bag of scrapbook supplies at a thrift store for a great deal, just $2! Thanks to all those scrappers switching to e-scrapping! I figure I saved around $80 with this purchase.

Kaitlyn has loved going swimming a few times this past week. Our pool closes this Saturday, even though it's still well into the 90s, so we've been trying to take advantage of it. Kaitlyn is getting pretty good at moving around the pool in her little star floaty.
She's also learning to hold on tight to daddy. She used to fight hard to get away from him, until he let her experience what it's like to not have him holding her above water.... Now she holds on pretty good.
And here are a couple of cute videos. The first is her showing all her new tricks in the water. The second shows her attempts to 'jump' into the pool. The last clip is her singing 'ring around the rosies' to her princesses. She loves setting them up in a circle, and then knocking them all over.

List of what she says after the song: Cinderella (really Belle), bunny, Aurora, Ariel, Flounder, Snow White, owl, Cinderella, tiger, Jasmine, Stand Up!

7 comments:

Kathy Koeven said...

SOOO CUTE -- Boy, she knows her princes!!! How darling. Amazing she knows how to kick to turn in circles in the pool. She's talking really really well. And, I love the mug shot hair-do.

Tyler and Kristine Barker said...

How fun! I love all the pictures and videos! She's such a good swimmer and singer, so cute!

Kathy Koeven said...

meant "princesses"

Brenda said...

Sooo cute, she still likes to smile for the camera :) after she sees you videoing her. She is so darling as she plays ring around the rosies with all her princesses and their friends. She does a great job in the water!! Such fun new pictures!! Thanks

Brenda said...

I love that she has friends to play dress up with!!

Recksieks said...

Her hair is getting so long! She is so cute!

Terry said...

I love hearing her little voice. It's wonderful. thank you.