Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I know I haven't posted much since we've been back to Texas. In fact I was looking back and realized all our posts have been about our trip to Utah. So since we've been back for several weeks now I thought I ought to update, if only for the grandparents. :)

I was hoping when we returned from Utah the weather would be better, but I was wrong. It has been HOT. Thankfully it finally decided to start cooling down on Sunday, and yesterday was actually pleasant! We were able to do a little yard work, and I weeded the whole back garden in one shot. (Thankfully the weeds were pretty easy to pull, since all the roots are on the surface due to the drought.) We had a fun dinner party last night with 3 other families, and it was great to be able to let the kids go out and play. Kaitlyn's preschool started today and they were actually able to go play in the sand box for a while. It's 80s and 90s the rest of the week. Hooray!!! (And down into the 60s during the night!?!)

David seems to be growing faster than ever. He just turned 8 months old and is wearing 18 month clothes. He is crawling all over the house, and starting to pull himself up on chairs and stairs. He is teething right now and has been a little grumpy, along with sticking everything in his mouth (especially my hair...?! Every time I hold him it's a continuous fight to keep my hair out of his mouth.) I got home from the store one day and found David with this cute mohawk, compliments of Spencer.
I swear his favorite toy in the house is this box of toy silverware. He dumps it out several times a day and carries them around the house.
Sunday nights we have popcorn and watch a movie. Kaitlyn was a little too focused on her popcorn to smile for this picture. :)
I'm pretty sure this is one of the cutest pictures ever. I checked on him during his nap after church a couple weeks ago and found him sleeping with his bum in the air. I love how he looks with his little church shirt on.
And now for a bunch of movies. The first is to show how much Kaitlyn and David adore each other. Kaitlyn is always concerned about David and hates when he goes down for a nap. The last two are to show Kaitlyn's awesome skills she is gaining through dance class. Just a teaser: She can finally jump with both feet!!!! (This has been a long time coming)

3 comments:

Kathy Koeven said...

Cute- Great jumping Kaitlyn - fun to see you and your brother and how much you love each other! You're both little cuties !! Glad it's cool enough to play outside now. Love you

Brenda Smith said...

Absolutely darling children!! I can't believe how fast they both change. I love the beautiful smile in that first picture & the super jumping abilities of Kaitlyn in the video. Congratulations Kaitlyn, that was great!!

Tyler and Kristine Barker said...

Soooooo CUTE! They are so fun! How exciting that she can jump!!!!!!