Friday, July 19, 2013

David Update

David has had a few changes in the last few weeks that I wanted to document.

A couple of weeks ago I finally changed his crib into a toddler bed. He would take naps in his crib most of the time, but finally started giving them up so I made the switch.  He did really good with the change, staying in his bed all night.  (Still no naps...)

On Monday I decided it was finally time to take away the night time binky. He was growing too attached.  I cut off the tip of his binky and had it all ready to give to him after we did our bedtime routine (jammies, brush teeth, hugs, prayers, story, song). But after I did the song he didn't even look for the binky so I didn't offer it. And he slept ALL NIGHT, no fuss!  I was a little shocked. Kaitlyn was the same age when we took hers away, and she cried the first night for an hour. 

Tuesday I took David to the store so he could buy a toy with his binky. He spent 30 minutes walking up and down all the toy aisles, and couldn't decide on anything (anything cheap enough...).  He LOVED a Buzz Lightyear toy he found, with buttons to make him talk, but that was way too much. He also had a very helpful sister showing him all the expensive toys she could find.  I showed him options, and he would say, "Yeah!" But when I said, "Let's buy this with your binky" he would say no.  I finally grabbed 3 options for him to choose from and he settled on a bubble gun.  He was pretty excited and kept saying, "David buy it!" 

Spencer got some movie theater seats for Father's Day, and when they delivered those I asked them to deliver a twin mattress too, since we'd be needing it soon.  So Wednesday I took down his crib completely and put up a twin bed for him.  He slept a solid 12 hours that night, and does a pretty good job of staying in bed. 

It's nice to be done with all these changes in time for our trip to Utah. No worrying about missing binkies, or bed situations.  :) 

No comments: