Saturday, July 12, 2008

10 Days Old!

Wow, what a busy 2 weeks we've had! I've finally got a little break. Thanks to Spencer for putting up the last few posts with pictures of our little Kaitlyn. She's becoming a pro at getting her picture taken.
Well, Tuesday July 1st was the last day of school for my second graders. I felt really good, and we had a fun day.



This is a cute quilt that my second graders made for me, with the help of Chris and Glenda, two of the teachers on my team. It's so cute!



That afternoon, I had a dr. apt. where I was told that I was the same as I'd been a few weeks earlier, so he scheduled me to be induced July 9th. I was a little disappointed. That night, I woke up around 4 with a pain in my lower back. It kept waking me up about every 30 minutes. By 8:00, it was every 8 minutes. I finally called Spencer in San Jose to tell him about it, and at 9:45 he told me to go to the hospital because it was getting worse. Then he sped to the airport to try to get a flight. Within about 30 minutes of being at the hospital I was dilated to a 9, and ready to push. Unfortunately, there wasn't time for an epidural, but I made it through. Spencer called about 10 minutes after she was born to say he'd just landed at the airport. What a quick, crazy first delivery! But we're so happy to have her here safe and well.

This is a picture of Spencer's leg when he got to the hospital. (It doesn't do justice to how bad it got). He went on a couple of hikes through the redwoods in California, and was lucky enough to get covered in these rashes from poison oak. He was pretty miserable! They were all over his arms and legs. He went to the doctor the day after arriving here, and was put on 4 different drugs to take care of it. It's looking much better now.

2 comments:

BJ and Steph said...

Cynthia-you look GREAT! I hope that Spencer's leg is feeling better-it looked painful. And once again, Kaitlyn is beautiful!!

Marie said...

She is so cute! How are you feeling?