Sunday afternoon, Spencer was getting pretty bored and decided that we should do another post on our blog and put up a few of the new pictures we have of Kaitlyn (I must admit, we have some pretty darn cute ones). But I thought it had been too soon since the last one, plus ALL of our postings are about Kaitlyn, and I thought people must be getting bored. I told him we needed to do a post that isn't about Kaitlyn (hence the title). So he thought up the great idea of posting some of his funny thoughts.
First question: Does Spencer really talk in funny voices while reading books outloud? Answer: YES!!!!!! He discovered a few years ago that it drives me crazy when he does it, but always seems to make me laugh too. So now he does it every chance he gets. His favorite voice is Hermione from the Harry Potter series. He does it perfectly, especially when he says, "Harry!" (He also loved to sing along with the Daniel Powder song "You're Beautiful" because of the funny accent.) Another thing Spencer enjoys is adding parts to stories to make them more entertaining (to himself). A few weeks ago when it was his turn to read one of the conference talks at bedtime, he told me he was going to add some things that weren't in there, to make sure I wasn't just sleeping through it. I must admit it was quite entertaining listening for the crazy add-ins. And it did help keep me awake. I don't mean to fall asleep!
Second question: Did Spencer really spend his whole Thanksgiving Break playing video games? Answer: YES!!!!! Okay, actually the answer to that one is no. We had quite a busy break...going house shopping (not for us, though....good luck Chris and Audrey!), eating lots of food, going shopping, and helping his parents move into their new house (It's BEAUTIFUL!!!). But Spencer does love his computer games. He used to play video games a lot, but not so much anymore. Actually, not at all anymore. He lent out his playstation and all the games. But he got a new computer game that's been filling up a lot of his spare time. Thankfully, he's a great husband and only plays in his free time. He's always very willing to turn it off when I need help with something, or want to go somewhere. And Kaitlyn takes up a lot of his computer time. (Thanks for your help, Spencer!)
Third question: What happened with the whole Wymount Bike thing? Answer: So, our car broke down a few months ago (long story), and Spencer ended up borrowing a bike from my brother to help out with the lack of transportation. We had no idea we were going to be getting a bike until the day we got it, so we had no idea that Wymount required little zip ties on the handles to set the new bikes apart from old bikes that were left behind. It just so happened that the one time in the whole year that they clean out the old bikes from the new ones was the day after we brought the bike down. SO UNLUCKY! Anyway, Spencer was VERY stressed with his workload at school, as well as looking for a job. Needless to say he was SUPER frustrated with this added stress. He was ready to throw a rock through the office window. So I left him with a sleeping baby (making it impossible for him to leave the apartment) and went to pick up the bike myself. Whew, crisis averted.
Anyway, I've got to say I'm pretty thankful for my wonderful husband. He's a great dad to Kaitlyn, and always comes up with fun stuff to do. What a sense of humor! I had to read through his post before I let him put it up, and I think he's a pretty funny guy. (He was laughing the whole time he was writing it, so I was pretty interested to see what he had written.) He was a little disappointed that no one was commenting on all his jokes. So thanks, Jeremy! (Not that computer games are EVER a joke. :) )
Here's one of my favorite pictures of Kaitlyn, just for fun. She's 5 months old today!!!
1 comment:
Thanks for the background info and for adding the picture of Kaitlyn. It could never be too soon to post more of her:) I could look at a new one every day!
Love, Mom
Post a Comment