To start off our Memorial Day weekend, we had some visitors! My cousins Kaylyn and Ben Cummings, and their little girl Abby, came by for a visit. They're living about 5 hours away and were in town visiting some other family and friends. It was fun to visit for a couple hours. Spencer got off early on Friday because of the holiday, so he got to visit with us for a little while too.
On Saturday, Spencer and I decided to go visit one of the local parks. It was pretty warm outside, but we had fun anyway.

Kaitlyn has no fear of water or drop-offs. She just wanted to crawl right into the ponds and off the ledges.

I love this picture. Kaitlyn is trying to lick Spencer's hair.

Kaitlyn had a fun time following this boy at the playground.
Kaitlyn had a fun time following this boy at the playground.
Having fun swinging. I think she looks like a little Kristine in some of her swinging pictures.
That night, we went to dinner with a guy Spencer works with and his wife. They introduced us to Houlihans, a great restaurant out here with a variety of different foods... everything was delicious! Afterwards, we came back to our apartment and played Spencer's new game "Boom Blox" on the Wii, and then watched "Paul Blart: Mall Cop"... hmm, interesting.... It was a fun evening, and nice to have friends to hang out with.
On Sunday we celebrated Spencer's 29th birthday. Wow, he's getting old ;) He got some games, and bought an awesome GPS to help us not get lost out here. We've used it A LOT already.
Monday was Memorial Day, and it was a beautiful day. We decided to go swimming at our pool, along with everyone else in the complex. That evening we were invited to a pool party/barbecue with some of our ward members, and then had FHE with another couple out here who are doing an internship with the same business Spencer is working for. All in all it was a great weekend.
Now Kaitlyn and I are getting used to being home alone again after a great weekend with dad home. We've been hanging out at home playing and napping. What a happy little eater. She loves whole wheat crackers. She hates getting pigtails in.
A few days ago Kaitlyn started doing a crazy deep laugh. We were on Skype with my parents, and my dad did a growl and Kaitlyn did it back but was laughing at the same time. It was hilarious. This is a video of Spencer trying to get her to do the sound again (She does it a lot now.)
5 comments:
Wow, Sounds like a really fun weekend and lots of things to keep you busy! Thanks for all the pictures and videos I love seeing them! Mom was telling me about how funny it was that she copied dad and made that deep noise! She's so cute!
Thanks for the updates! What a great memorial-day weekend. I can't believe Kaitlyn remembered how to make that deep laughing sound. I thought we would all crack a rib laughing at her when she mimicked her grandpa! I'll bet that was fun to have Kaylyn, Ben and Abby come for a visit. I love all the pictures and video's.
How funny, I was thinking Ben Cummings I know a Ben Cummings but it can't be the same one... and then I looked at the picture... I went to highschool with your cousing. what a small world :)
That sounds like lots of fun! That picture of you and your friend and your baby's on the couch is so cute..you probably noticed that you both match your babies but I thought it was cute!
Cute pictures! Kaitlyn is such a cutie!! I'm glad that you guys had a good Memorial Day weekend. I LOVE your hair! It is a very cute haircut on you.:)
Post a Comment