Kaitlyn had her 1 year apt several weeks ago, but I thought I'd post her stats.
Height:31 3/8 in (90 something th percentile) (I'm pretty sure the nurse measured her wrong, as I don't think she's super tall. I'm thinking she's more like 30 in., which is the 73 percentile.)
Weight: 21 lb 3 oz (48th percentile)
Head: 18 1/2 in (81st percentile)
She's walking more than ever, keeping me busy chasing after her through the church and stores. As I said in a previous post, she's LOVING books right now. I have a pile of them down with her toys, and they're usually what she goes for first, carrying them to us to read to her. But she's lost her attention span for most of them, and usually stands up after the first couple of pages to go get a different book. Most of the time she just ends up turning in a circle in front of us, and coming right back to sit in our lap with the exact same book. She thinks she went to all that trouble to get a new one, though, so she's pretty upset when we start reading the same book again. She loves to get into all the kitchen cupboards now, especially where the trash can is. She's a great helper, unloading all the silverware from the dishwasher where they're drying while I'm doing the dishes. She also helps me with the laundry, picking up clothes out of the laundry basket and putting them into a different pile, then putting them from that pile back into the basket. Or just carrying the dirty clothes around the house with her. She especially loves finding both pieces of her swimsuit and bringing them to me. She has learned how to tell us several things: If she wants to go outside, she'll bring her shoes to us and then try to put them on. If she wants to read a story, she brings us the book. If she's really tired, she cries. If she's really hungry, she cries. If we aren't doing things fast enough for her, she cries. What a smart girl!
One of my favorite things about her lately is that she is sleeping through the night!!! She has done it every night for the past month, from 8:30-8:30. I'm LOVING it! (Except last night...for some reason she kept waking up and crying every couple of hours, but then went back to sleep after a minute).
In other news, Spencer and I have been laughing at all the people who seem to enjoy fishing in the little canals and golf course ponds throughout the city. I couldn't imagine that there were many fish around, and if so they must be tiny. Anyway, yesterday Kaitlyn woke up from her afternoon nap VERY grumpy. So we decided to go for a walk by one of the canals and feed the ducks and turtles some bread. We went to a little staircase where you can get right up next to the canal and started throwing our bread to a single duck that was nearby. Then several turtles came over to try and get in on the action (the duck was MUCH quicker, and got most of the bread we threw). Suddenly, this huge crazy head came flying up out of the water and snatched the bread away from both the duck and turtles. Spencer and I were SHOCKED. It was a HUGE fish! (Well, huge to me, who expected nothing to be there) We had a lot of little catfish about 10 inches long fighting for the crumbs, as well as several 2 foot long fish, probably 10 inches in circumference...huge! ( I have no idea what kind they were... catfish is about my limit of knowledge). It was pretty entertaining to watch the fish swarming around, along with the 10 turtles and 1 duck, all fighting for our food. I don't know that Kaitlyn enjoyed it that much, but Spencer and I had a great time!
And finally, Spencer was contacted by Motley Fool last week with some interest in his program. Now he's working on figuring out some lawyer stuff, as well as talking with other companies. Pretty exciting to have things moving forward. He's been working so hard on it! Good job, Spencer!!
2 comments:
That is great news about Spencer's investment program. Congratulations!
I loved how long Kaitlyn would sit and listen to the story books. It is a good thing you have a library card, so Kaitlyn gets to view new books every few days :) That is so cute that she brings back the same one but is disappointed it isn't different.
Good job sleeping Kaitlyn!!! I can't wait to read stories to her, that sounds so cute! That's fun that you guys got so many animals to come eat your food! Congrats Spencer!
Post a Comment