Well, we've been in our house for a little over a month now. We have met so many great people around the neighborhood and are starting to feel a little more settled. Our neighbors are all great, our house is so comfortable, the weather has been great, we've all been healthy... we're just waiting for something bad to happen. Well, I guess we have had one bad thing happen... I was called to speak in Sacrament Meeting. But now that's over with, so it's even a good thing. :) (Then last night I got an email asking me to teach a Relief Society lesson. I guess we do have our fair share of trials.) (That's a joke, I recognize how blessed we are right now!)
Last Sunday we were invited to have lunch with two families in our ward. One family has 4 little girls, and the other has 3, so Kaitlyn was in HEAVEN. We had a great time visiting with the adults, and when it was time to leave I had to venture upstairs to search Kaitlyn out. When I found her I couldn't help but laugh, one of the little girls had used bright blue glitter glue to paint Kaitlyn's eyebrows and toenails. She looked hilarious! I wish I'd had my camera there, but you'll just have to imagine it for yourself. Needless to say, she wasn't too excited to leave.
This morning we had a play date with 2 ladies and their daughters who live in the area. I met one of the ladies when we were on a walk a few days ago. Kaitlyn had a great time playing with Alexa and Crosby, each only 2 months apart. We're looking forward to forming a weekly playgroup with these ladies, and maybe some others in the area.
Spencer's staying as busy as ever with his work. The group he's working with right now heads to New York in a little over a week, so they're working plenty of overtime in preparation. He's been getting in a good 60 hours a week for the past few weeks, so we'll be glad when this is over. (Baely and Brian... hat's off to you) He'll be gone over Mother's Day, but will get back the day before our anniversary so all is well.
We have a busy few months coming up, with our anniversary, all our birthdays, and visits from and to family. First we have our anniversary on the 12th, then Spencer's birthday, my birthday and a visit from the Manns. Kaitlyn's birthday is at the beginning of July (I can't believe she's almost 2!!) and a visit from the Smiths, and finally a trip to Bear Lake with the Koeven family in August. We're looking forward to our full summer! The only down side is this Texas heat. It's fine right now, but we know what's coming in the next few months...
In some other good news, we're pretty sure we've made the last of our big purchases for the new house, at least for a little while..... As I type this, I remember that Spencer loses his company car at the end of May, so that will be another big purchase coming up. But other than that we're pretty much set. I feel like we've bought so much 'stuff' since buying this house, but we really didn't start out with much. We had to buy a fridge, a dining room table and chairs, couches, desks, dressers, a bed, a lawn mower and weed eater, oh and let's not forget the home theater and rockband. Those were a must. ;) (I love you Spencer.)
And finally, I leave you with this video. Only watch it if you're grandma or grandpa, I promise it's not exciting at all. You've been warned...
2 comments:
I love the video!! and the blog post! It sounds like you are keeping busy and having some fun times. What lesson do you get to teach in R.S.? We can't wait to come see you for Kaitlyn's birthday. I have started checking flights and am waiting for the price to come down a little.
Love the life-update and the cute video. She's talking great! Love you.
Post a Comment