About a month ago I decided to try to figure something out for our dining room wall so it wouldn't look so bare. This is what I came up with. I'm not sure I love it yet, it's been hanging there with tape for a couple of weeks, but I still feel like something is missing....
Anyway, I had to laugh yesterday when I got on my sister-in-law's blog and saw her new dining room art. We haven't talked to each other at all about it, but we had quite similar ideas, although hers took a lot more time and is much more artistic.
To make this, I just bought one of those thick poster boards/ foam boards and cut it into 6 squares. Then I covered them with scrapbook paper using modpodge. I cut out stems and flowers from fabric and glued them to the squares. I have some ideas of how to finish it off, but they take more time than I'm willing to put in right now.... So maybe it'll just hang there like that for a few more weeks/months until I get around to it. :)
5 comments:
I love it!!! Why do you need to do anything else to it? I think it's fabulous as is. So much talent....
I just loved it when I first saw it in the background on Skype! It doesn't need a thing added to it.
I think it is SO cute! I wish I had the talent to even ATTEMPT to make something like that. I think it's great the way it is.
They look great! I saw them on Skype too and was going to ask you about them but forgot! You are very creative! I really like them. (But I do understand what you mean when you say you feel like something is missing, I feel the same way about the art I did for above my bed. I still feel like something is missing, so if you figure something out, let me know :)
You are so creative! I love them! I might have to copy you..:) Thanks for the idea!
Post a Comment