On Monday night we went to the Gaylord Texan hotel in Grapevine with some friends from the ward. Every year at Christmas time they have an ICE show based on a different theme. This year was Charlie Brown.
We've heard lots of things about the Gaylord hotel, but had never been there. If you go
here you can get a little idea of what it's like.

We walked around for an hour looking at all the displays before going to wait in line.


We had tickets to line up at 7, and then stood in line, watched a little presentation, and waited for coats for another hour. This is in line for the coats. Everyone had to wear one to get in, with the 12 degree temperatures in the tent. (A nightmare for little kids, since everyone looks the same).

We went with 2 families from our ward, the Christensens and the Christensens. (No relation) :) We were trying to take a picture with all the kids, but Kaitlyn was in a little bit of shock at how cold it suddenly was.


There were lots of great ice sculptures throughout. I was impressed at how colorful they made them.



Kaitlyn's coat was HUGE on her, and it was cute to watch her try to waddle around in it.

They made these slides out of ice, the one on the left is for little kids. There is a little movie at the bottom of Kaitlyn sliding down. I apologize for the poor quality, I was laughing too hard.



Kaitlyn didn't want to get out of that 'tunnel'.


For some reason she decided she needed to crawl through this tunnel.

At the end of the ice display they had a huge nativity scene. It was probably the most impressive part of the whole thing.



And here's that video clip:
I love that she just lays there in the middle of the slide, and then at the end after the guy pulls her down. Also funny how she looks up at him when he stands her up, like "who are you?"
1 comment:
The Ice nativity is amazingly beautiful! What a fun night! Cute video. I can't believe they can do something like that in Texas. But then I saw the hotel & decided they have plenty of money.
Post a Comment