Sunday, December 19, 2010

Six Flags

Kaitlyn wore her Christmas skirt to church today. I took this picture when we got home (she got a candy cane in nursery that was taking most of her attention).

Yesterday we headed to Six Flags for a few hours of family fun. With a 2 year old and an extremely pregnant mom, we were a little limited on what we could do. But we still had a lot of fun. Spencer took Kaitlyn on several rides, and I was able to go on the merry go round and the train with them.

Here they are on the jumping boots. These bounce up and down in a circle, and Spencer and I both commented on how they were a sure bet to send me into labor.
A family picture on the train ride. It was a pretty nice day, no wind and in the 50s. It started getting a little more chilly after dark though.
Kaitlyn had a fun time on the swings. She got a little nervous as Spencer put her in and walked away, but once it started she didn't stop smiling.
They went on this fun little bus ride that took them up pretty high. Kaitlyn smiled and waved the whole time.
Riding a fun truck with dad.
The first ride of the day, the Merry Go Round.
It was fun to be able to take advantage of the good weather. With the baby coming soon, we won't be able to do anything like this for a while so we enjoyed spending the day with Kaitlyn. Although by the time we got home at 7:30 she was pretty tired and hungry, making for a whiny girl.

A few more pictures of things going on lately:

Kaitlyn was trying to sit as close as possible to the tv.
We've been getting lots of packages in the mail lately and Kaitlyn loves putting them under the tree and turning on the Christmas lights. Last week one of our packages had a blanket for the baby from Grandma Mann. Kaitlyn immediately turned on the Christmas lights and found a pillow to lay down and look at the tree with 'her' new blanket.
I wanted to try out curlers on Kaitlyn's long hair. She did a great job letting me put them in, and left them alone while we waited for her hair to dry.
Unfortunately I wasn't nearly patient enough. We waited for a couple of hours but they were still wet. I used my hair dryer on them but we were in too much of a hurry so what little curl there was had disappeared after 10 minutes. We'll try again this week.

For family night we decorated a gingerbread house. Kaitlyn loved putting candy on the frosting, until she realized that it was edible. Then she was done with the decorating part.


5 comments:

Lisa said...

One of the best video clips ever!! Mom and I were sitting here laughing :)

Brenda said...

She is too funny!!!
I love her Christmas dress & all the pictures!

Robyn and Blake said...

That looks like so much fun! You look great, especially for being almost 9 months pregnant. Good luck with everything!

Kathy Koeven said...

So cute - Pretty blanket for baby. Love the videos, well, love all of it. Thanks for sharing !

Kathy Koeven said...

WOW - I just noticed your hand-made garland, that matches the tree skirt... That's cute !!! Seriously, TONS OF WORK THOUGH !!! It looks really nice !!