
Our living room now looks like a room, instead of an empty space full of Kaitlyn's toys. It's great to have another place to go and sit.

We had an ice storm Monday night/ Tuesday morning. This is our back patio Tuesday morning when we woke up. It's about 2 inches of ice, and looks pretty much the same today (2 days later). School has been cancelled all week, and Spencer has worked from home. He braved the drive in today and called to say that it was awful, there's still ice covering all the roads. The sand has been reserved for freeways, and emergency vehicles are using kitty litter to get traction. The power companies have been doing rolling blackouts to conserve energy, but that only affected us Wednesday morning. The superbowl is here on Sunday, and everyone's pretty upset about the weather. So none of the blackouts are affecting Cowboys Stadium, or any of the practice facilities or hotels of the players/news reporters.

Our mailman was out Tuesday and slid into this van across the street.

Kaitlyn's quilt so far. I've still got a long way to go. It was going to be a Valentine's day present, but maybe not... I still need to stitch around all the green appliques, and trim the edges/sew on the pink border before I quilt it. Slowly but surely.

Cute new outfit from Grandma Smith. Thanks!
5 comments:
I can't believe the mailman had to drive on the ice! You are so talented, I love the fabric you picked for the beautiful quilt. That will be a great long project. Cute Kaitlyn!! Love you all!
Ice doesn't look any fun. Our schools were shut down only 1 couple days - but just for extreme cold. Kaitlyn's so cute in that outfit -- looks so grown up !!!
that's "a couple days" not "1 couple days" duh me... :o)
The quilt looks so dang cute! I can't believe you took on a project with a new baby . . . you are super woman!!! AND he is adorable - hope you are getting some sleep.
Cute quilt!
Post a Comment