Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The funniest thing that has ever happened...

So Cynthia and I had just finished watching the 80th episode of 30 Rock and were about to head to bed. I was still lounging on the couch when I heard Cynthia from the hallway by Kaitlyn's bedroom say: "Spencer.... You have to see this..."

This is a semi-usual occurance in our home, but I got up and went to the hallway were I saw this:

It was pretty funny that Kaitlyn had snuck open the door of her room, laid on a little throw pillow and appeared to be fast asleep (we had put her to bed an hour earlier). It was so funny in fact that after some chuckles I got the camera and we took a few pictures including the one you just saw. I wanted a picture that showed her face, since it was dark in the hallway where she was laying so I took the following picture (we used the flash).

We then looked at the picture in the cameras viewer and zoomed in on Kaitlyn's face... We noticed an odd thing.... She appeared to be slightly smiling... So I got a little closer and took the following picture...

When we viewed this picture it become pretty obvious that she was indeed smiling, and we both started laughing our faces off.... As quietly as possible so we wouldn't wake up David who was legitimately asleep, or Kaitlyn who maybe just sleeps with a big smile on her face....

Cynthia then said softly: "Kaitlyn?" Nothing..... I then said "Are you awake?" And Kaitlyn just started laughing!!! At that point she hopped up and said "Hi!". I had to excuse myself so I wouldn't wake up David from my laughter. We then put Kaitlyn back to bed where she probably is right now. I can't believe that she could be so sneaky!!!! Quietly opening her door... Laying on the floor for who knows how long... Staying perfectly still and quiet when we found her.... Not responding at all to us laughing or taking pictures... And then only finally breaking when we asked her point blank if she was awake!!!

Pretty silly little girl.

3 comments:

Tyler and Kristine Barker said...

How funny! I'm amazed she kept quiet while you guys took the pictures! So cute!

Brenda said...

That is too funny! What a cutie!

Kathy Koeven said...

What a sweet silly little thing !!!! Love it !!