- Whenever I pick him up after a nap/in the morning he wraps his arms as tight as he can around my neck. If my hair is down, he grabs on to that too, and tries to get it in his mouth.
- Lately he loves to put his wide open mouth on my cheek or chin and suck, but the last week or so he has been blowing instead. Gets me nice and wet. :)
- He has started sitting up a little better lately. He LOVES sucking on his toes, so he usually just flattens himself in half to get to them. But if he has something interesting to look at he might sit up for a few seconds.
- As he gets more mobile I'm seeing that I have a lot of work ahead of me to baby proof our home. He's grabbing at anything he can get his hands on.
- His hair pokes straight up on his head. I love it! I've had many comments on it from strangers.
- He LOVES Kaitlyn. If he sees her he automatically reaches for her hair and gets a big smile. If she does anything to him he will giggle.
- He has started eating oatmeal and rice cereal and can't get enough. Yesterday I was trying to eat a hamburger at a barbecue while holding him, and he kept trying to grab it out of my hands, making a huge mess. So far he has tasted watermelon and strawberries. He cried when I took the watermelon away. We'll be starting on vegetables soon. I have been waiting for him to get over his cold. It's been two weeks now, and I think it's almost gone.
- I had started letting him cry it out at night, and stopped swaddling him. He had started sleeping really well but 3 days later he got this cold. I didn't dare let him cry it out with his stuffy nose, so I'm looking forward to getting some better sleep soon. (So glad he's almost better! Now I hope these shots don't make him crazy...)
- He is such a happy boy. He gives huge smiles whenever someone looks at him. He was smiling and laughing for the doctor all through his exam this morning.
- As far as what he can do, as I said he's sitting up a little bit. Still pretty unstable. He rolls around a lot in his crib, and usually sleeps on his tummy. He's really good at rolling onto his tummy, but not so good at flipping to his back. He wiggles a lot on his tummy trying to figure it out, and in doing so moves all around the floor pretty well. He's reaching for things and holding things really well, putting everything he can get into his mouth. He still doesn't love the binky, and won't accept any other than the blue ones from the hospital. He loves being in his jumper and bouncing all over the place. One place he is always happy is sitting on my lap outside looking around. He loves to look at the leaves on the trees.
- I get comments all the time about how much he looks like Spencer. You can definitely tell they're related. :)
Tuesday, July 5, 2011
6 month stats
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh my goodness, so cute! I love his smile and hair!!!! I can't believe he's 6 months!
What a darling Little Mann! I love how he gives you kisses :) and hugs you tight. Can't wait to see him again soon. Great stats!!
He's changed and we just saw him a couple of weeks ago. We're so excited that you are coming out.
Post a Comment