Sunday, July 3, 2011

Kaitlyn's 3rd Birthday

Kaitlyn turned 3 yesterday!! I can't believe how much she has grown over the last year. She is so tall, her face has changed, her hair is even longer. She is SO talkative, loves playing with friends, is a great big sister and helper to mom.

A few weeks ago I asked her what kind of cake she wanted for her birthday. Spencer had requested a dragon cake for his birthday, and she had a princess cake last year, so those were the 2 she requested. So I listed off a few different options she could have, and as soon as I said train she was hooked. Especially when I told her she could pick what candy the train was carrying. :)

Spencer helped me get it all put together and Kaitlyn loved it.

Unfortunately I forgot all about her request for a dragon, so I printed out a picture of one and stuck it with the m&ms (her eggs). Then it was perfect. :)

We went to an indoor park and she had a great time. There were HUGE slides that she would go down by herself. She loved it. Spencer took a short video of the place, it's at the end of this post.


Kaitlyn got lots of disney figures from Grandma and Grandpa Smith. She was nice enough to take time to feed each of them with her toy food.
Blowing out her candles. Her wish was for a gummy worm. She said it out loud, and guess what? It still came true! ;)
Our happy little 3 year old! I still can't believe how big she is!



3 comments:

Kathy Koeven said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAITLYN !!!! What a fun birthday ***** the indoor park looks amazing. Loved the videos. Funny that she had the train and still remembered she'd said she'd wanted a dragon--nice solution.

Brenda Smith said...

Thanks! So fun to see her on her birthday. She is such a cutie! I loved the videos and especially liked her reaction to the missing dragon. Too funny.

Tyler and Kristine Barker said...

How fun! I love the cake! Looks like you guys had a fun day! Thanks for all the videos!!!!