So here's a long overdue update.
David got into the peanut butter a couple of months ago, and enjoyed it a little too much. Luckily it was almost empty when he got it, so we didn't lose much. He was pretty satisfied. :)
David is a climber and explorer. He's very physical and isn't afraid of much, unfortunately. I've caught him several times climbing the outside of the stairs -- he hasn't figured out how to climb down yet, so he's always yelling for help.
Kaitlyn thinks climbing trees sounds really fun, so she's always trying to get up in the one in the backyard. She has started unreeling the hose from the back of the house and dragging it over to the tree. Then she throws it over one of the branches, and uses the other end as a rope to try to climb up.
After all her attempts, Spencer decided to put the kids up in the tree to see how fun it is. Kaitlyn loved it! David just found a resting spot for his head and relaxed.
We had a fun Easter. Saturday several ladies from our ward organized an Easter egg hung at a nearby elementary school. Kaitlyn and David had a great time hunting and playing on the playground.
Easter morning. Kaitlyn loved her toy -- David was all about the candy. :)
A couple of months ago I got to watch a neighbor's baby while her mom went to the doctor. David LOVED it. He was constantly saying "Baby! Baby!" He brought over a book on his own and 'read' her a story. When I laid her out on her blanket at one point, he ran and got a blanket from his room and lay down next to her.
For Mother's Day I got a little Japanese Maple tree to put in our front garden. I'm hoping it survives this first hot summer!
Kaitlyn graduated from preschool a couple of weeks ago. She went to Lewisville Christian School this past year, and they had a special ceremony the last week of school to get diplomas, and medals for passing off their bible verses. Kaitlyn loves to wear her medal around.
Here she is with her teacher, Mrs. Dasher.
And here's the whole class. Two of her good friends from our ward were in her preschool class, along with a couple of others from our stake.
David got a train table for Christmas, and he LOVES putting it together on the floor -- Every Day. It's nice that he can spend at least an hour throughout the day putting it together in different ways. Santa Claus made a good choice.
Spencer found a good deal on some refurbished Nexus 7s, so we got one for the kids to share. At this point, Kaitlyn considers it hers since David can't quite be trusted with it yet. I found him one day with it open, on, and a game turned on. I love how he was so focused - notice how his legs are straight and toes pointed. He was loving it!
More current updates to come. :)











2 comments:
Cute pictures ! Love that David went and got his own blanket--and even laid down, so darling!! Love the up in the tree pictures of Kaitlyn & David - amazing she thought of using a hose to help her climb. Love you all !! Hope you're feeling well.
Such fun updates. I just found it while I am sitting at your table in Texas, doing my 4th of July post. :)
Post a Comment