Saturday, April 30, 2011

This is where I found Kaitlyn at 6:30 this morning when I came out to feed David. :)

We've slowly been taking care of some odds and ends around here. We finally hung the shelf in Kaitlyn's room last week, so it's done taking up space in our office.
I've been using towels, blankets, and pillows to block the bottom of Kaitlyn and David's doors to keep sound from traveling through so easily. I finally took the 15 minutes to make these. It has pipe insulation tucked in each side of a little bag, and then slid under the door so it moves with the door and I don't have to keep tucking it in place. And it looks much less messy. :)
And I found these old fashioned alphabet flash cards at a thrift store a month ago. I thought they would be something fun to hang on David's wall. My favorites are the I and V, if this picture gets big enough for you to read them.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

That was nice of Kaitlyn to go to sleep on the couch instead of waking you up. I love the shelf and things on it, especially the pictures! What a great idea for the bottom of their bedroom doors! Cute decor in David's room, I can't remember what those cards said even after you showed them to me.

Cynthia Mann said...

I think the picture might be a little too blurry to read, it says, "I is for Imp who leaves open the gate" and "V is for Violin played by the tramp". :)

Kathy Koeven said...

Does she sleep walk or just not sleep well? Funny position to fall asleep in... Love the old fashioned alphabet cards - looks really good. I agree with your mom, great & creative way to put a sound barrier on the bottom of the doors. Looks nice too.

Tyler and Kristine Barker said...

So cute! Amazing she fell asleep like that! I love the shelf and the cute picture of Kaitlyn and David on it!

Cynthia Mann said...

She stays in her bed all night, but once there is light out in the morning (say 6:00) she feels free to wander the house. That morning I guess she was still too tired to play and fell asleep on the couch. This morning Spencer found her out on our rocking chair with a blanket on holding a book I'm reading. (Luckily she usually carries her green care bear around with her, which has a bell inside, so we know when she's wandering.)