Wednesday, September 14, 2011


Time for a few explanations, I guess. :) David has been keeping me busy, he's moving around so quickly now. He is a pro at pulling himself up to standing anywhere and everywhere. Unfortunately he tried to pull himself up using a houseplant and ended up tipping it over on top of himself. He was not very happy about that. But Kaitlyn had a great time cleaning up his mess.


Kaitlyn is taking a dance class and loving it. I'm impressed at how much she has learned in 3 lessons. She is using lots of terms that I don't understand, and has finally learned how to jump with both feet. (Hooray!)
Last week I was trying to inconspicuously look down the street to figure out where some yelling was coming from. I happened to look up in our tree and saw TONS of huge beetle things. Yuck. I took a closer look and found it was just their shells. I looked it up online and they are cicadas. Kind of like a grasshopper. They shed their skin and get wings.

We went on a picnic to celebrate the cooler temperatures. This park doesn't have a sprinkling system, and the grass has all died due to the drought.
Cutest smile.



The pro pulling himself up to stand.
FINALLY able to play outside. Kaitlyn is enjoying her sandbox.


3 comments:

Brenda Smith said...

What fun! Love the smiling David in his car seat. The dirt face David is also adorable. How are you going to clean that carpet? It looks like the soil was mixed with lots of charcoal, it is so black.
What is Kaitlyn doing in the same room as a vacuum??? I can't believe she is actually touching it!! She is so darling in her dance costume.
What are those awful looking bugs on the tree?

Kathy Koeven said...

Great videos - David is really getting around !!!! No wonder a plant took a dive. Doesn't she like vacuums?? Had the same question your mom had -- about UGLY bugs. YUCK !!! Looks like you may need a bigger sandbox soon :o) She's getting so tall -- so is David. Thanks !!!

Rebecca said...

I loved seeing all the pictures and video's they are all just adorable. It so nice to keep up with what is going on with your family be having all the pictures and etc. Thank you so much
Love you all Grandma Koeven