Saturday, September 24, 2011

Such a cute boy.
We've been keeping busy lately. Kaitlyn is still loving school. David has a little cold, but is still sleeping pretty well. Spencer has been super busy with work, and traveling a lot. I have been keeping busy trying to get some areas of our house organized.

This odd little corner space in our kitchen is always a mess. I found a couple of wall organizers at a garage sale and sprayed them black. It looks much better now.
I have never really liked our master bedroom. It was just kind of thrown together as we moved in and never got a lot of attention. I LOVE it now. I painted our old brown dresser black, as well as some pretty mirrors from my mom. Our friends gave us a gift in a bag I loved, so I cut it up and hung it in some old frames. Got rid of another dresser, moved the bed to a different wall, found some matching night stands at a garage sale, and moved in the chair. It looks so much better now.
David's room got a little makeover as well. I made these appliques in fabric and ironed them to the wall. I'm trying to figure out what to do to make the a and i stand out more....
I found these red shelves at a garage sale as well. I was planning on painting them, but wanted to hang them up to see how they would look. Luckily it looks okay, so I'm waiting to paint them another time.
My cute kids. :)
I've caught Kaitlyn sucking on her toes several times lately. Kind of gross, huh. I can't figure out what gave her that idea.

Spencer is off to Canada next week, and California the next. We'll miss him, but are looking forward to a fun visit from Lisa!

4 comments:

Brenda Smith said...

I love all the makeovers! Especially your bedroom, extra nice. Lots of work has been going on at your house!

Marie said...

Fun! I need to get my kids rooms done.

Kathy Koeven said...

Cute projects around the house. Darling kids--except maybe that toe thing :o) David has the cutest smile and he's sure getting around good !!! Have fun with Lisa visiting - I just had fun with your parents visiting in Denver. Just went to dinner. Love you

Spencer Mann said...

You need to laminate those monkeys to make them stand out more.... A nice cellulose gloss will really make them stand out and will provide excellent scuff resistence.